Oregon Marriage License to get married in Oregon -application requirements, waiting period, general information Oregon Multnomah County, Portland, Oregon, Hillsboro OR, Clackamas County, Oregon City, all 36 Oregon counties
Reverend Maureen Haley and friends, Oregon Wedding Officiants
Purchasing your state of Oregon marriage license is the first step on the way to getting married in Oregon. You will be submitting your marriage license application and purchasing your Oregon marriage license, about $60, at ANY one of the 36 Oregon county offices. Your license will be valid for 60 days and there is a 3 day waiting period before it becomes effective on the 4th day. It may be possible to purchase a waiver for the 3 day waiting period, ask at the county of your choice.
Washington state wedding couples can avoid the 3 day mandatory waiting period in WA state, by marrying in Portland with a valid Oregon marriage license with a waiver on the 3 day wait. Oregon or Washington couples who need to marry now (military, health insurance etc.) please call us for detailed information.
We have created this website to make the marriage license application process a little easier to understand. Then when you are ready to hire someone to perform your wedding ceremony we hope you’ll give us a call. We are Oregon wedding officiants, an interfaith group who are professional Portland wedding officiants and non-denominational Portland ministers and Portland clergy, and we also offer non-religious courthouse style, justice of the peace style wedding ceremony in Portland, if that is your preference.
Short Notice Elopement Weddings and
Eloping in Oregon
We are often available for wedding ceremonies and eloping, today or tomorrow, as long as you have purchased your Oregon marriage license and it is currently valid. Washington couples may elope and marry in Oregon too. Please call for information and availability. http://elopetoportland.com/
Journey of Your Marriage License–A Great Big Circle!
by Rev. Maureen Haley 503-888-9876 copyright 2015
- You obtain your application for an Oregon marriage license from ANY one of the 36 counties in Oregon, to be married in Oregon. You may get the application in the mail or in person, depending on the county. No, you may not apply and purchase over the internet because they individually number the marriage license at the county offices. You may be able to apply on the internet however you will need to appear in person at the county, to purchase it.
- You fill out the application, which you both will sign. You take it to the same county office where you got your application and purchase your license for about $60. Each county has their own requirements about identification, whether you both need to sign in the presence of the clerk or you may be able to return your application by mail. Ask at the county where you want to purchase your license.
- You will give the original long, legal copy of your Oregon marriage license, the form you filled out, to your officiant before your wedding ceremony. Your wedding officiant will complete the legal document after your marriage, as well as the decorative certificate.
- You will keep the decorative marriage certificate (the beige form which is mostly blank before your marriage) which you, your two witnesses (over 18, as required by Oregon law) and your wedding officiant will have signed after your ceremony.
- Your wedding officiant is required to return the completed legal form (your original long application which you both signed) to the county where you purchased it, by 10 or 30 days after your marriage, depending on the county.
- Once you have called the county to verify that your marriage has been recorded, a few weeks after your wedding, you go back to the county where you started, and you purchase a Certified Copy/ copies of your marriage license which is the legal document which has been recorded in the county and state of Oregon Vital Statistics. (you may be able to purchase the Certified Copy by mail after your wedding, just ask at the county)
- After all of that, you begin your name change process with your Certified Copy of your Oregon marriage license in your hand, and the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles is a good place to start– Whew!
If you prefer to talk with a live person you may call the county to see about having your application sent and to ask questions. Each county has slightly different rules, so always go to the source. This information we’re providing on this website is intended to give you the general idea of how the process works. It can be a little confusing and you have enough other things to think about as you approach your upcoming marriage.
Multnomah County Marriage Licenses
Multnomah County Oregon information 503-988-3034
Washington County Hillsboro OR information 503-846-8752
Clackamas County Oregon Marriage license 503-655-8551
Yamhill Co. license information 503-434-7518
Marion Co. information 503-588-5225
Thank You for visiting oregonmarriagelicense.info and we wish you a long and happy married life!
From Rev. Maureen Haley www.portlandministers.com and Oregon wedding officiants 503-888-9876
mailing: PO Box 80422 Portland OR 97280
offices by appointment only: Beaverton Oregon 97005 and Portland Oregon 97214
brought to you by Oregon wedding officiants and ministers, www.123oregonweddingofficiants.com
General information for Oregon marriage license, application, requirements, waiting period for all Oregon counties, including Multnomah County, Portland, Oregon.